Mission, Vision, and Values
We will create a world in which every human being is fluent in multiple languages.
Today, more than ever, we live in a connected world. Technology has allowed us to find each other, inspire each other, and share each other’s lives with astounding ease. But even with these powerful and growing tools, we are limited – to interacting meaningfully with only those who speak our language and understand our culture.
At Livemocha, we don’t particularly like limits.
We’re creating a world that allows people to communicate with anyone, anywhere. Because we believe that once people can engage with each other and understand each other, anything is possible: progress, innovation, revolution. We’re unlocking the last gate that stands between us and global collaboration, and we know that once it’s open we will be limited by nothing but the boundaries of human imagination.
We believe in the power of human potential.
- Every human has the ability to learn
- Encouragement enables success
- Doing it is better than just thinking about it
- Empower experts – it benefits everybody
- Treat learners, contributors, and teachers as equal members of our community
- Reward every attempt to learn
- Offer effective, engaging learning materials and the tools with which to build them
- Delight members with positive feedback to show progress and reward contributions
- Provide constructive ways for members to connect with one another
- Create ample opportunities for practice
- Recognize that our members have different needs, goals, and learning and teaching styles
What Do We Do?
We remove barriers – to learning, to communication, to global exploration