Have you ever wondered how those never-ending german words get so long? German language learners might identify with this video. Speakers and learners of other languages may just scratch their heads in awe. But one thing is for sure, the german language take the cake* when it comes to compounding, compiling, and uttering wildly-long words.
The video is in German, but that shouldn’t deter you. The artwork makes it pretty clear what’s happening, meaningwise. Here are a few clues to help you follow the steps1:
1. There’s a girl named Barbara.
2. She is known for her rhubarb cake.
3. So they call her “Rhubarb Barbara.”
4. To sell her cake, she opens a bar.
5. It is frequented by three barbarians.
6. They have beards.
7. When… read more