We are pleased to share that the Livemocha Classroom has grown in popularity. Because we want all of our students to be as successful in their language learning as possible, we have put together a list of tips and tricks that will help you make the most of your time in the program.
Welcome to Livemocha Classroom! Our experienced teachers, all native speakers of American English, are excited to help you learn. Here, you will get to meet and practice your English with other learners from around the world!
Since so many of you have recently joined our school, we want to share some tips and best practices with you to make the experience better for everyone!
1. Classes are booking up fast, but don’t get discouraged! We’re adding more classes and spaces every day to make sure everyone who signed up has a chance to attend some classes. Keep checking back at classroom.livemocha.com to see what gets added to the schedule each day.
2. Check the times on the schedule! Sometimes we offer multiple classes at the same time, don’t book all 2-3 when you will only be able to attend 1. When you are logged in, the schedule should display in your timezone. If you are NOT logged in, the schedule displays in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). Check your timezone conversion at timeanddate.com.
3. Help out your fellow learners by leaving space for others. Don’t book every class on the schedule if you only plan to attend a few of them.
GETTING TO CLASS:
1. When you book a class, you will get an email confirmation with a special link. This link will take you to your teacher’s classroom. Please click the link about 5-10 minutes before class starts.
2. We use Blackboard Collaborate as our virtual classroom platform. The first time you attend a class, it may take up to 20 minutes to download the necessary software to your computer. With a high-speed connection it should only take 3-5 minutes.
3. Make sure you ALLOW all pop-ups and downloads, and click “OK”, “Run” or “Accept” when Blackboard asks permission.
4. When you enter the classroom, go to TOOLS > AUDIO > AUDIO SET-UP WIZARD to make sure your microphone and speakers are working.
5. You can communicate with your classmates and teacher by raising your hand for a turn to speak or typing in the chat box.
I can’t open the classroom!
Make sure you have the latest version of Java installed on your computer. Close other applications and browser windows, then click your link again or copy and paste it into the url field.
I can’t see or hear the video during class!
Install QuickTime on your computer to view the class videos. Students with slow or unstable internet connections may still have trouble.
My microphone doesn’t work!
Run the Audio Set-up Wizard to check that the correct devices are selected and functioning. Remember that you will not be able to talk unless your teacher gives you permission, so pay attention your teacher says.
If you have specific questions or problems, please reach out to our support team by emailing email@example.com.
Enjoy your classes!