We’ve got FOUR Gold Key Winners!
(But we want to give away more…)
We want to know how YOU celebrate your Season of Giving, that’s why, on November 12th, we announced our Holiday Video Challenge, inviting you, our international Livemocha community, to share the traditions and customs that you, your family, and your community practice around the holidays. It doesn’t need to be a December holiday either; help us learn about upcoming holidays that mean a lot to you and yours.
For more information about how you can win a 6-month, all access Livemocha Gold Key, scroll to the bottom of this post and get to sharing!
And now, for some videos
Since our collective stomachs are still recovering from our Thanksgiving feasts this past Thursday, let’s start with Ameircan, Emily Corturillo, who has shared a, albeit relatively new, family tradition that brings them all together, and brings smiles to their Oreo-stuffed faces.
Next, we have Marta Barańska, from Poland telling us about their November 2nd Holiday called Zaduszki and how she and her family celebrate Christmas.
Jose Lucianos had some fun with his story of how he and his friends celebrate Christmas.
Dzintra Sitnikova sent us some lovely music and pictures of Jāņi, the Latvian summer solstice celebration.
A big thank you to Emily, Marta, Jose, and Dzintra for sharing your holiday traditions.
Now… We want to give you a 6-month, all-access Gold Key, too!
Here’s how you can share and win: Make a 1-3 minute video sharing your family’s, your culture’s, and/or your country’s traditions of giving by answering these questions:
What holiday are you celebrating?
What do you give?
To whom do you give it?
What does it symbolize?
When do you give it?
Where do you get it? (Is it handmade?)
Why is this a part of your tradition?
Instructions and rules:
- One video submission per person
- Videos must be between 1-3 minutes long
- If you give food, gifts, music… you name it, just share it with us! (Please keep your video tasteful and appropriate for all ages)
- Upload your video to YouTube and send the link to email@example.com from the email account you use for Livemocha (This will facilitate crediting your Gold Key when the time comes)
- The best videos will be shared on Tuesdays on the Livemocha Blog starting Tuesday, November 27th (Please be sure that your video is public on YouTube so that we can share it.)
- Anyone who sends in a video that meets the above requirements will receive a free, 6-month, all-access pass Gold Key ($60 value)
- Submissions will be accepted now through December 20th, 2012, after which all eligible submitters will receive their 6-month Gold Key by January 11, 2013.
By sharing your story you will be educating and including the Livemocha community. For that, we want to thank you. And whether you’re giving thanks or giving gifts, we want to wish everyone in our community a very happy season of celebration and sharing.
Now go make a video!!