We are very excited to announce that Livemocha has been named one of the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies for 2012. This award is based on five criteria: “innovation, market potential, commercialization, stakeholder value, and media buzz”, and is given to companies that are considered to be “emerging innovators… (and that) provide vital technology products to sophisticated consumer and business users as well as opening up huge value-creation opportunities for their investors.”
AlwaysOn said of their selected award winners, “These companies represent leadership in the global innovation community and are developing vital, forward-thinking software and hardware solutions and technologies.” We are thrilled to be standing shoulder-to-shoulder with companies like Twitter, Pinterest, Living Social, Gilt Group, and more, who also received this year’s award.
This distinction tops off a list of major awards we’ve received in the past several years and is a wonderful reminder of our continued success. Take a look at some of our past awards (and please excuse us while we give ourselves a very proud pat on the back)!
- Finalist for the 2012 Red Herring Top 100 Americas Award
- Sterling Award (sponsored by the AARP) Winner in Education and Continued Learning – January 2012.
- Finalist, BETT (British Educational Training and Technology) Award for Tools for Learning and Teaching- Nov 2011.
- Travel and Leisure’s Best Travel Websites – October 2010
- Time Magazine’s 50 Best Websites – August 2010
English-Speaking Union’s President’s Award for innovation in the use of new technology in the teaching and learning of English. This award was personally presented by HRH Prince Philip in Buckingham Palace – October 2009