The Livemocha Summer Video Challenge
Make videos of your language learning stories, tips, or tricks
Send us your weekly submissions
Get a 1-year Gold Key! ($99 value)
Here’s how it works
- Starting next Friday, July 6th, and going through Friday, August 31st, submit a weekly video that is up to 5 minutes long documenting how you have been keeping your language fresh, and maybe even how you’ve advanced it.
- We will choose that week’s best video(s) and post it/them on the Livemocha blog the following Tuesday.
- If you submit a minimum of 3 videos from now until the end of August, you will get a 1-year Gold Key all-access Livemocha pass! ($99 value)
What does a Gold Key get you?
- Any video conversation.
- Any writing exercise.
- Any speaking exercise.
- Any premium materials.
- From any lesson.
- In any course.
- In any language we offer!
Here are some submission ideas
- Sing a song in your target language – maybe the national anthem of a country that speaks that language, or a rock or pop tune that makes your socks go up and down.
- Are you a storyteller? Recite a story in your target language. Choose a limerick, a poem, or a children’s story and share it with your audience.
- Will you be traveling this summer? Start a video blog documenting your travels and cultural experiences.
- Are you a critic? Review of a local restaurant or movie in your target language.
- Did you have a language foible or overcome your shyness about speaking your new language? Do tell! How did you succeed?
Entertain us! Make us laugh! Have fun! And most importantly speak your target language!
Guidelines and Rules
- Keep your videos between 1 and 5 minute long.
- Introduce yourself and state what your target language is in each of your videos. (Example, “Hi. My name is Joseph and this summer I’m keeping my intermediate level German fresh by doing…”)
- Post your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or to your preferred video sharing website and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure that your chosen site allows third parties to embed the video elsewhere.
- To find out if your weekly submission has won that week’s challenge, visit the Livemocha blog the following Tuesday. (Videos should be posted by 10:00 PST. If it’s not, check back later that day. It’ll be there, we promise.)
- There is no age limit on who can participate. Everyone is welcome!
- Please keep your submissions presentable and PG rated. Inappropriate submissions will not be accepted and those who have sent them will be excluded from the challenge and ineligible for the Gold Key prize.
- By submitting your videos to Livemocha you agree to allow Livemocha to post, edit, and alter it as we see fit.
Don’t let your language get dried up by the summer sun. No matter where you are this July and August, if you’ve got access to the Internet and a video camera, you can take part in the Livemocha Summer Video Challenge. And who knows… you could get extra credit for it.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.