Very exciting news! We recently found out that Livemocha has been selected as a finalist for the 2012 Red Herring Top 100 Americas Award. This award evaluates companies on both quantitative and qualitative criteria, including: “financial performance, technology innovation, quality of management, execution of strategy, and integration into their respective industries.”
Red Herring described the finalists as “the most innovative and promising companies from a pool of hundreds across North America” and we’re thrilled and honored to be joining an illustrious list of past finalists like Facebook, Google, Skype, Salesforce, etc.
This distinction tops off a list of major awards we’ve received in the past several years and is a wonderful reminder of our continued success. Take a look at some of our past awards (and please excuse us while we give ourselves a very proud pat on the back)!
- Sterling Award (sponsored by the AARP) Winner in Education and Continued Learning – January 2012.
- Finalist, BETT (British Educational Training and Technology) Award for Tools for Learning and Teaching- Nov 2011.
- Travel and Leisure’s Best Travel Websites – October 2010
- Time Magazine’s 50 Best Websites – August 2010
- English-Speaking Union’s President’s Award for innovation in the use of new technology in the teaching and learning of English. This award was personally presented by HRH Prince Philip in Buckingham Palace – October 2009